What is an Instagram URL? Where to find links for profiles and posts
Instagram is one of the most popular and easy-to-use social platforms, but since it’s primarily designed for mobile use, it can be difficult to find and share URLs.
Luckily, the process isn’t terribly complicated, and finding URLs to profiles and posts only requires a few simple steps.
In this article, we’ll discuss what Instagram URLs are, how to find profile and post links, and how to change your Instagram profile URL.
What is an Instagram URL?
A URL or Uniform Resource Locator is an online address given to a particular page or post. We also simply call them hyperlinks or links.
Instagram URLs are links assigned to different posts and profiles. For profiles, this is usually a combination of Instagram’s official website link and your username.
When browsing the app, you won’t really use them. But an Instagram URL comes in handy when you want to share specific accounts or posts with people outside the app or add a link to another online profile.
How to Find Your Instagram Profile URL
There are several ways to find your profile link depending on the platform you are using.
Here is an overview of each method…
- Log in to your Instagram profile. the Residence The page will appear on the screen.
- Press your profile picture in a circle at the bottom right of the screen to open your profile.
- Your username is displayed at the top left of the screen. Associate this username with https://www.instagram.com/ to create https://www.instagram.com/username/ and you will have your profile link.
The other method to find Instagram URLs on the phone is to use a web browser. Chrome is a built-in browser for most Android devices, while iPhone comes with Safari.
- Search Instagram and log in through the web browser.
- Once home appears, click on the circle at the bottom right to open your profile.
- Your profile link will appear in the URL bar at the top of your browser. Copy and paste this link to share.
To find your Instagram URL on a computer, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Instagram account. The House The page will appear on the screen.
2. Click on the circle with your profile picture in the upper right corner of the screen and select Profile.
3. The link in the URL bar will change after the profile appears.
4. This link is your profile URL. Copy it to other browsers or send it to others.
Even if other users are logged out, they can see your profile if they have its specific URL.
How to Find Another User’s Instagram URL
There are several methods to find another user’s Instagram URL, similar to finding your own profile link.
- From your Instagram profile, search for the username you want.
- Once their profile is opened, you will find three points in the upper right corner.
- Click on the three dots to open a menu. To select Copy Profile URL.
- The URL is ready to be shared.
You can find another user’s URL using a smartphone’s web browser. Do this:
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Use the Research option to find the profile.
- Once the profile is loaded, the link in the URL bar will change to https://www.instagram.com/username/. This is their profile URL. Copy and paste this URL to the desired location.
It is possible to search and share the URL of any other Instagram user through the desktop website.
To find another user’s Instagram URL on desktop:
1. Log into your Instagram account.
2. There is a search bar to search users at the top. Find the username of the profile you want to share.
3. As their profile loads, the link in the URL bar will change to https://www.instagram.com/username/. This is the user’s profile URL. You can copy and paste it to share.
How to Find an Instagram Post URL
To find an Instagram post URL on a PC or smartphone, follow these steps:
- Scroll/Search to find the message. There are three points in the right corner parallel to the username.
- Tap on these dots to open a new menu and find the option to Copy link.
- A notification appears letting you know the link is ready to share.
Steps to change your Instagram profile link
To change your Instagram profile URL, you will need to change your username.
Changing your Instagram profile link on the app
- Open your Instagram profile and select Edit profile.
- Go to username. You can also change your Instagram account email address to match the username, but this is optional.
- Once confirmed, your new username will be reflected in your profile link.
Even if you change your username, people will be able to see your Instagram username history.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile URL on PC
To change your Instagram URL on a PC:
1. Open your Instagram Profile.
2. Select Edit profile and go to Username.
3. Edit the username and select Tp submit to save the settings.
4. Once confirmed, add your new username in the link https://www.instagram.com/username/. This will be your new Instagram profile URL.
Finding URLs on Instagram is Super Easy
An Instagram URL is a combination of Instagram’s official website and the name assigned to the resource (profile or post).
You can easily find an Instagram URL for your profile, someone else’s profile, and posts through your PC and smartphone. Once you get the hang of it, finding and sharing these links is easy.
How to disconnect your Instagram account from Facebook
About the Author